- This superstructure on Superstruct site
- Purpose of setting up the Urban Food Producers' Coop
- The UFPC mailing list
- Create a global map of urban food production/sources, from farms to bakeries to wild plants. Done! Urban Food Map
- Set up communication methods for producers in a city to connect with each other and their urban community
- Research a cheap and efficient urban greenhouse model. [Are greenhouses necessary? How can we extend/assist food production with other techniques?]
- Other Uses For Urban Gardens
Obviously putting kitchen gardens on roofs, in backyards, and empty lots can relieve some burden from food distribution networks. Are there other uses for these spaces? Are some plants better than others for impacting vaguer, broader environmental problems, such as providing carbon sinks or simply "scrubbing" air/generating more oxygen?
Plants and greenspaces provide a more direct kind of climate control in urban environments as well: they reduce the excessive heating caused by paved surfaces, and control/redirect water runoff.