- The Screaming 3D Bootstrappers (S3DBers) wikiaScreaming 3D Bootstrappers- virtual spaces for skill set sharing and education-csven
- MobiFab (Social Fabbing) Fabbing and not Grabbing (free fabrication for deprived areas)-Freelance Generalist
- Open Fab Initiative Moving the World Beyond Traditional Manufacturing-Captain Hazard
- FabHabsIf you build it, they will come.-drabiega
- fabaloo- fabber news
- Get a Quote Now for Z Corp Printed Parts!
- the Rapid Prototyping Electronic Mailing List
- FabLab at MIT
- reprap on POnoko- acrylic laser cut parts
- build a reprap- how to build your own self replicating printer.
- reprap object library
File Formats for reprapEdit
- A description of the STL file format (on Wikipedia)
- A description of the PLY file format (on Wikipedia)
- A description of the COLLADA file format (on Wikipedia)
Virtual spaces allow demonstration and education, as well as artist studio and fellowship activities.
- DEN (the Distributed Educational Network)
- superstruct microeducation group
- Grow Community Gardens--Teach Children Sustainable Lifestyles
- Science and Design Trading Card Games
blender.org Blender.org resouces and updates
BlenderArtists.org lots of gems in the forums
Online 3D model repositoriesEdit
models and resources:Edit
for conversion to .blend files:
.blend to XAML exporter
.3ds to .blend
- SketchUp from Google the start of the google 3D world
- Multiple resources (Models and textures plus) find all sorts of resources:
catt avery Devian Art Deviant Art : my account
Deviant Art is particularly useful for gimp brushes. There are lots of brilliant artists with portfolios here and an especially good selection of anime related tools.
Creative-3D.net Creative-3D.net resources
sharecg.com lots of great models
CGTrader is 3d model trading platform, where you can buy and sell models. Also it offers nice amount of free models.
search max price = 0.0 file =.blend for free items. turbosquid.com is an interesting idea in 3d sales, and just drifting through the items for sale you can get a lot of good ideas. Its important to study examples of models that are already worked out, and here you can see that there will be a lot of construction work in cyberspace as the virtual world blossoms.
Gamasutra exchange powered by turbosquid
Gamasutra is related to turbosquid, it is also related to
which provides 3d content to social networking services like facebook.com. This content is available for your friends and other facebook users to see. there are also models that are for pay and these can be purchased through ebay or through amazon. This press release has more details.
resurgure texturesresurgere at Deviant
Image*After textures and images
katorlegaz.com Truly vast resource of models by Kator Legaz including architectural models and character models. This is a great place to start looking at models.
tuxfamily.org Architecture models.
CGI India (not for commercial use)